Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Keyboarding! Hurray!!

Good Morning!!  Happy Wednesday!

This is the day that I promised to share websites with you.  I'll share new ones in the future, but today, I wanted to share with you the website that I have been using to practice keyboarding.  Here it is:


Dance Mat Typing!

Yes!  You can never practice enough keyboarding, and I love trying all of the levels and having fun with the different character animals.  Dance Mat Typing is found on the Student Resources page of the Shepard website. Practice when you want to and set goals for yourself:  typing without looking at your fingers?  Typing a little bit faster than before?  Typing with fewer mistakes? Just relax and have fun!  I am working on a new celebratory poster to hang in the hallway next to the computer lab regarding Dance Mat Typing.  You will be a part of that poster, I promise!

Kindergartners and first graders have been introduced to Dance Mat Typing, but just the first two lessons. Little fingers struggle to reach some of the keys, and I don't want to discourage them.  Two other games, Keyboard Zoo and  Keyboard Climber would be fun games for them to try.  They are also found on the Student Resources page of the Shepard website.

I'll find more keyboarding games for you in the future.  If you have suggestions, please let me know!

Third, Fourth, and Fifth graders:  you can also practice using measuring skills playing these ABCYa! games this week, if you like:  Bow & Angle (found in the purple section) and Strolling With My Gnomies (found in the blue section). They make learning about rulers and protractors fun!

Ok!  That's all for today!  One more note:  I opened my CPS portal today and did NOT see the fun surprise in the bottom left corner *sigh*   Maybe something new will pop up in the next day or two *smile*!

Take care!  I miss you!!  You can find me at email: LHostetler@cpsk12.org or Twitter: @LisbethMH51