Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

National Arbor Day

My Favorite Tree

This is a pink dogwood tree.  Dogwoods are also white, and that is the color of dogwood that I remember when I was growing up.  Dogwoods bloom in the spring, and I think of it as an Easter tree.  I did not know about the different kinds of trees when I was little because they were just "trees" to me.  However, my mother pointed out the dogwood tree to me one Easter, showing me the four red tipped leaves of the dogwood's flower, and it made an impression on me.  I love seeing the white and pink dogwood flowering in the springtime along with the redbud, crabapple, and other flowering trees.  Some of those flowers smell delicious!  What is your favorite tree?


 A special "Hello" to my "B" day students in the following classes:
Ms Hager 3rd grade, Mr O'Connell 4th grade, Ms Roper 5th grade, 
Ms Johnson Kindergarten,  Ms Simon 1st grade, and Ms Krueger 2nd grade!

Today is a Fun Friday, so you could check out the games on ABCYa! today to celebrate!  This is a good website to find educational games that are fun to play.  Maybe you could check out a new game that teaches you something new?  Games in the orange Letters section and the blue Numbers section are especially good for that purpose.  Have fun!

Fun Fact:

Today is National Arbor Day.  We celebrate this day on the last Friday in April by taking time to enjoy the trees around us and possibly planting new ones.  You can find more ways to celebrate Arbor Day at home by checking out the Arbor Day Foundation website:


Remember to check out the Missouri Department of Conservation website at
to discover native Missouri trees
.
Fun Fact 2:  Did you know that Missouri has a plant called Horsetails?  It is also called Scouring Rushes.  They look like green straws, and they are found along streams and roadsides. There were some Horsetails in the courtyard garden at Shepard school, but I'm not sure if they are still there or not.   




RADCAB
Next week we will explore what this acronym means.  Hint:  it has to do with research!
Check in on Monday to start the discovery!



 
That's all for today.  Enjoy your weekend!
I miss you!